Monday, May 12, 2014

funny question

So, I was just chit-chatting with my 5 year old and he said, "Mommy, I have a funny question for you. Why are you smaller than Daddy AND older than Daddy?" Hmmmm. Where did THAT come from?? I guess if I break it down then, sure, one might expect that the older of two people might also be the bigger of the two. And, I bet that he was also hinting at the common assumption that in a relationship the man is usually older. I totally just changed the subject and didn't even attempt to answer his question except with, "umm, I don't know", but it did leave me thinking .....

Why did I marry a younger man? Am I a cradle robber? A cougar? I used to think I was SO mature but I see now that this "kid" I married is probably the more mature one. And I like that. I like that someone else will keep me on the straight and narrow path, will be my DD, will be diligent about our family's safety, and will stress about our budget. Those are some big jobs and, frankly, I don't want ALL that responsibility ... whew!

So, yes, I am older than my hubby but I still ACT like I'm 30 .... so who's REALLY the older one?! Hehe :)


Let's do the cougar roar!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment