Saturday, January 25, 2014

girl, look at that body. i work out.

Every single weekday I dress as follows:
  • black workout leggings ... maybe ankle length, maybe knee length ... I like to spice it up with a little variety
  • t-shirt .... up until recently this include circa 2001 threads that were handed down ... hmmm, let's call them "vintage"
  • pullover sweater
  • hot pink sneakers ... whoa, you didn't see that one coming did you?
and that completes the look. Then, off to the gym I go! Baaahahahaha!! Good one.

You see, I WANT to work out. I want to run. I want to lift weights. I want to Zumba. I want to be fit and strong and energetic. I really want to. Or, maybe I just WANT to want to. I mean, I love to DRESS like I'm hitting the gym and when moms at school ask, "are you headed to the gym?" I reply with a vague, "I'd like to" but I never (absolutely never) go. Am I lazy? I like to think not. Let's see ... I skip to and from the grocery store with my son, we sometimes ride bikes to a healthy dinner of pizza, I squat and lift my 2 year old daughter about 97 times a day. That's a workout, right?!

Then there is this: my husband goes to the gym every. single. day. (Traitor!) He invites me to go with him every. single. day. (Oh, that doesn't get old, ha!) The best is when he notices my outfit on, say, a Tuesday and asks, "babe, have you been to the gym?". I want to scream, "OF COURSE I WENT TO THE GYM! I TAUGHT THE FREAKIN' ZUMBA CLASS, DID I FORGET TO TELL YOU?!" just to throw him off. I hate having to explain myself. I'm a grown woman for crying out loud! But, what I hate even more is lacking the desire to do something that I know is really good fore me ... like exercising.

Man, my back hurts. Maybe I should workout more ....


2 comments:

  1. Chasing after 2 kids all day is a MUCH better workout than you will ever get in the gym! I think Jeremy is secretly training for the Olympics. That is the only explanation for his physical fitness obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man have you been watching my secretly.....we are living very similar existences right down to the spousal taunts....xoxo

    ReplyDelete